Google+

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Some new additions and changes to my blog!

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know of some new additions and changes to my blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedbacks on whether you like these updates or not.

First off, I realized that many of you might have been having a hard time subscribing to my blog by email. I know that the sidebar doesn't show up on your smartphones and sometimes doesn't either on your laptops.
Seeing the box to enter your email to subscribe is so much more straight forward!  Also, it seems like the email blasts of updated posts occur sometime between 4-4:30PM daily.

And that's why I have changed the template to the "Simple" version, while maintaining the gorgeous teal background.  For the mobile view, I thought it was much easier to access the posts with a mobile view, but unfortunately I don't have the option to keep the teal background. If you do like the desktop version more, you have to option to convert to that view.

The "Simple" template reveals all the gadgets that have been hidden in the popout sidebar, including the "Follow by Email," "Follow Me," "Total Clickity Clicks," "Popular Tidbits," "Labels" and "Blog Archive".  Now you can see it all on the right hand side column of the blog!

I have also added an extra page called, "Social Media Pages and Contact" which lists the Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Page for my blog.  See it here:  http://terresaling.blogspot.com/p/contact.html 

Go forth and like, follow and +1 away: 

Facebook:facebook.com/terresastealsanddeals
Google+: Terresa's Steals and Deals Google+ Page
Twitter: @terresaling

If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to email me here: info@terresaling.com

I was trying to add a badge to my Google+page specifically for "Terresa's Steals and Deals", but it doesn't seem to appear even though I have pasted the html code for it...Not sure what I'm doing wrong here - any thoughts?

<!-- Place this tag where you want the widget to render. -->
<div class="g-page" data-href="//plus.google.com/106325221120032195533" data-theme="dark" data-rel="publisher"></div>

<!-- Place this tag after the last widget tag. -->
<script type="text/javascript">
  (function() {
    var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
    po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
  })();
</script>

Also, would anyone know of any gadgets or sites that links all the social media, so that when I post in Blogger, it would automatically post in all the related pages for Facebook, Twitter and Google+?

The sharing of my posts now include, sharing by email and blogger posts, in addition to the standard Facebook, Twitter and Google+ shares.  And it looks like by clicking on the Facebook share button, you can actually share the post, as opposed to just liking it.  I'm loving the sound of that, so much more!

Terresa :)

4 comments:

  1. Can you make the font bigger for the older eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestion Correy! It has now been updated to a larger sized font. Let me know if it's better now. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete