Google+

Monday, September 28, 2020

New Product Review: Taft's 22mm 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase

Lights on - see the shininess!

             Lights out!

We all know what a big difference a good night's restful sleep makes on tackling the next work day's challenges.  I noticed that changing my pillow to the correct height, a higher quality one that fits my sleeping style, really helped me fall asleep faster.  (I really like those hotel-like pillows that cradle my head and bounce back to shape when I lift my head away from it.)  So, when I had the chance to try the "Taft's 22mm 100% Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin, Hypoallergenic, Both Sides Grade 6A Long Fiber Natural Silk Pillow Case, Concealed Zipper, Queen 20x30 inch" in Navy Blue for free in exchange for my review, I jumped on it. 

The pillowcase size range from Standard (20" x 26"), Queen ("20" x 30") to King size (20" x 36").  Depending on the size of the pillowcase, they come in Burgundy, Charcoal Grey, Cool White, Ivory White, Midnight Black, Misty Rose Pink, Navy Blue, Nude, Silver Grey, and Taupe.  I decided not to choose the standard white and opted for a nice blue color in the Queen size.  It cost $26.99 through Amazon.




The product arrived and was in a sleek bag that can be zipped open and closed.  I was super excited to use a mulberry skin pillowcase for the first time.  But first... it needs a quick shower or shall I say bubble bath?

The Company provided the following care instructions by email when I requested it:

DO's

Hand wash silk pillowcases inside out in cold water to maximize the lifetime of your silk pillowcase OR Machine wash cold (or just one level above cold), gentle cycle, or silk mode, with a mesh laundry bag separate from other fabrics.

ALWAYS use a mild neutral liquid detergent OR silk-specific detergents.

DO NOT's

Do not soak dark-colored silk for more than five minutes.  Wash separately and do not mix with other harsher fabrics.

Do not tumble dry.  Use a towel to soak up any excess moisture after washing, then hang up your silk pillowcase to air dry.

NEVER use bleach products as they will cause the silk to yellow.

Do not iron your silk pillowcase.  Wrinkles in silk should disappear with time however if you do need to iron your silk pillowcase, use a low setting without steam and iron the pillowcase inside-out while it is damp.

TIPS

You can also add a few drops of hair conditioner or white vinegar to the rinse water to help the silk as soft and smooth as the day you bought it.

I loved that the pillowcase has a hidden zipper so the pillow does not move around.  

It is very smooth and shiny and makes sleeping on it very comfortable.  My skin and hair are both very happy.  There is no static.  The silky nature of the pillowcase provides a cool-to-the-touch feel that is breathable.  It is perfect because it keeps cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  

After about a week's use, I can attest that I feel like I have upgraded my sleeping experience, getting better sleep with a very lux silky pillowcase, that is well worth its price and investment. 



My other family members are already eyeing my silky pillowcase with drooling envy and have even sneakily used it. 😂😍

If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.

Hope my review was helpful,

Terresa =)



No comments:

Post a Comment